Trump’s Position To Combat School Shootings
Dear Friends & Neighbors,
(Please click on red links & note magenta)
As a result of school shootings at Parkland, Florida, President Donald Trump enthusiastically supported a NRA (National Rifle Association) position to arm trained teachers to fortify schools against any future mass shootings. President Trump said the armed teachers would receive extra pay as an incentive. He is also planning on pushing for Comprehensive Background Checks with an emphasis on Mental Health, in addition to raising the permit of gun ownership to age 21 and ending sale of Bump Stocks, after Florida surviving students, parents, and activists campaigned to see the Florida gun law changed.
I can appreciate the logic behind both sides of the argument. But one thing to be certain: The United States has the highest number of school-related shootings. At this point, I’d like all of us to peruse through the data and research gathered at wikipedia:
and highly recommend many preventative measures that can be taken:
- Installing wireless panic alarms in each class room to alert law enforcement.
- Limiting points of entry with security guarding them.
- Strategically placing telephones for emergencies so police are always reachable at any point in the campus.
- Employing school psychologists to monitor and provide mental health services for those that need help.
- Coordinating a response plan between local police and schools in the event of a threat.
- One cannot purchase a gun unless one possesses a gun permit
- Gun permit cannot be given to any one with mental health issue, below age of 21, or have not passed gun safety training/exam
- Possibly banning all assault weapons
- Whether or not these school shooters have been placed on psychoactive meds in the past
- School administrations are recommended to provide alternatives for those who are either voluntarily or involuntarily dismissed or expelled
- Encourage students, teachers, and administrators to create a fair and harmonious learning environment
- Name of shooters not be mentioned in the news
Brianna Keilar of CNN reporting Background check bill failure.”Obama: NRA, others to blame for gun bill failure“, below:
You may also be interested in these articles:
- Florida Students & Activists Want To See Change In Florida Gun Law
- Peter Wang, Alaina Petty, and Martin Duque, Young Heros To Be Honored and Remembered
- National School Walkout on March 14, 2018, & March For Our Lives on March 24, 2018
- Ben Dickmann, Florida Man Voluntarily Surrendered His AR-57 To Lead By Example
- A Time For Reflection
- Congress Has Basically Done Nothing On Gun Control Since Sandy Hook Shooting
- How gun laws have changed in the 5 years since Sandy Hook
Gathered, written, and posted by Windermere Sun-Susan Sun Nunamaker
More about the community at www.WindermereSun.com
~Let’s Help One Another~
Please also get into the habit of checking at these sites below for more on solar energy topics: