Many Benefits of Bananas
Dear Friends & Neighbors,
(Please click on red links & note magenta)
Few days ago, after my workout routine of yoga+treading, I’ve developed cramps in my leg and felt a wave of weakness washed over me. So I rushed home and quickly ingested a banana. Problem solved! So, my curiosity drove me to googling beneficial health effects of bananas that will blow your mind, shared below:
- It is high in potassium and low in salt, and is officially recognized by FDA as being able to lower blood pressure and protect against heart attack and stroke.
- It strengthens blood and helps to prevent anemia via the added iron in bananas.
- It improves one’s mood and reduce PMS symptoms in addition to regulating blood sugar and producing stress-relieving relaxation (due to magnesium).
- It counteracts calcium loss during urination therefore helps to build strong bone.
- It protects against muscle cramps during workouts and night time leg cramps (due to magnesium).
- It is recommended that intake of bananas prior to strenuous workout for sustaining energy and blood sugar level.
- It helps to overcome depression due to it s high level of tryptophan (which is converted to serotonin, the happy-mood brain neurotransmitter).
- It helps to reduce swelling, protect against Type II diabetes, aid weight loss, strengthen the nervous system, and help with the production of white blood cells (due to high levels of vitamin B6).
- It is high in fiber, therefore helps to normalize bowel motility and prevents constipation.
- It is rich in pectin, therefore aids digestion and gently chelates toxins and heavy metals from the body.
- It is a natural antacid, providing relief from acid reflux, heartburn, and GERD.
- It acts as a probiotic, stimulating the growth of friendly bacteria in the bowel.
- It produces digestive enzymes to assist in absorbing nutrients.
- It is soothing to the digestive tract and helps to restore lost electrolytes after diarrhea.
- It is the only raw fruit that can be consumed without distress to relieve stomach ulcers by coating the lining of the stomach against corrosive acids.
- It helps to prevent kidney cancer, protects the eyes against macular degeneration and builds strong bones by increasing calcium absorption.
- Its potassium level would help one to be alert and to improve cognitive learning, great for before studying or taking exams.
- It is high in antioxidants, providing protection against free radicals or chronic disease.
- Its consumption between meals would help to stabilize blood sugar and to reduce nausea from morning sickness.
- Its peel (rub inside of the banana peel) helps to relieve itching and irritation from a bug bite or hives.
- It helps to prevent binging between meals.
- Its consumption can help to lower the body temperature and cool from fever or hot day.
- It is a natural mood-enhancer (due to its tryptophan) and helps to relieve Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD).
- Its high level of B vitamins, potassium, and magnesium helps to speed recovery from the effects of withdrawal from quitting smoking.
- It helps with wart removal by placing the inside of a piece of banana peel against the wart and taping it in place.
- It helps to give a quick shine by rubbing the inside of a banana peel on the leather shoes or handbag and polish with a dry cloth.
- It helps to provide a great snack or delicious smoothies.
** But keep in mind that all food consumption are best in moderation. The above benefits are obtained via moderation. Those with diabetes or any other conditions are recommended to consult your physician first regarding amount of recommended banana intake.**
Below, are some recipes with bananas in mind:
Photographed, gathered, written, and posted by Windermere Sun-Susan Sun Nunamaker
More about the community at www.WindermereSun.com
~Let’s Help One Another~
Please also get into the habit of checking at these sites below for more on solar energy topics: