Let’s Celebrate & Protect Our Home, The Beautiful Blue Planet-Earth, On Earth Day or Any Other Day
Dear Friends & Neighbors,
(Please click on red links & note magenta)
There are good reasons why they call our home the Beautiful Blue Planet….seen from the Space Station… its vast blueness…below:
April is the month for Earth Day! There will be many different events associated with Earth Day 2017, listed below:
- 2nd Annual Gala GEM (Global Empowerment Mission), sponsored by Michael Capponi, where the mission is to save our planet, lifting people out of poverty, advancing economic growth. Saturday, April 8, 2017, 7:30 pm-April 9, 2017, Sunday, 12:00 am EDT, 1 Hotel South Beach, 2341 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, FL 33139, organization providing relief efforts of approximately 250,000 lbs of aid to the southern regions of Haiti. To book your table, click HERE. Tickets are $150 per person. For more info contact Amy 305-395-0151or email email@example.com.
- Earth Day in the Park, Sunday, April 9, 2017, 11:00 am-3:00 pm, at Central Park, 251 S. Park Ave., Winter Park, FL: Beer and Wine Garden, Bike Rodeo, Composting Info (voucher for free composter to the first 100 people), Electric Car Show, Electronic Recycling Collection, Green Vendors and City Sustainability Related Info booths, Kid Area with art project and tie-dying, live music, Green School Grant presentations, Community Yoga (12-1 pm), Kids Earth Day Yoga (11:30-11:50 am).
- 3rd Annual Earth Day Awareness Tour (celebrated by Supervisor Daily Morales of Orange Soil and Water Conservation District),
Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 9:30 am-11:00 am, at Harry P. Leu Gardens, 1920 North Forest Ave., Orlando, FL 32803: 20-30 students, along with teachers and parents with the RJB Christian School will be participating a day of field trip or nature tour at Harry P. Leu Gardens to better understand, appreciate, and learn how it is best for us to save our planet earth.
- 12th Annual Central Florida Earth Day (presented by Vegetarians of Central Florida), Saturday, April 22, 2017, 10:00 am-6:00 pm, at Lake Eola Park in downtown Orlando, 512 E. Washington Street, Orlando, FL 32801. This is the largest and longest-running Earth Day festival in Central Florida! Free Admission. The goals of Central Florida Earth Day are: a. inspire sustainable, humane, healthy, and equitable decisions at all levels, from the individual and local levels to the corporate, governmental and international levels. b.foster positive community-building in Central Florida and beyond. c. support businesses and NGOs that are making a positive difference in the world. d. promote all forms of creativity and artistic expression. e. provide knowledge, resources, and inspiration to people of all ages through environmental and humane education. f. assist animals in need through homeless animal adoption.g. create access to and awareness of healthy, sustainable, and local vegan cuisine. If you are interested in being a vendor, speaker, sponsor, playing music, volunteer, advertise, donate to this event, please click HERE. Besides art, music, food, there will be IBEX Puppetry kites, flags, and puppets, yoga demonstrations and classes, drum circle, recycling activities for shoes and batteries, Florida Tiny House Enthusiasts, The Listening Project, Martial Arts (Qigong, Tai Chi, etc.), Dancer Fabiana Silva‘s Afro-Cuban Dance, Dancer Onnie Norman‘s Polynesian dance, blood donation, and much much more. Click HERE for activities. For media requests for information or interviews, please contact Larry Rumbough at info@CFEarthDay.org or 321-331-1859 or Jenna Bardroff at Jenna@SolutionarySpecies.org or 941-730-4745.
- Earth Day exhibition, April 27, 2017, Ana G Mendez University, 5601 South Semoran Blvd., Orlando, FL., 6:00-8:00 pm.
Earth Day is an annual event celebrated on April 22. Worldwide, various events are held to demonstrate support for environmental protection. First celebrated in 1970, Earth Day events in more than 193 countries are now coordinated globally by the Earth Day Network.
On Earth Day 2016, the landmark Paris Agreement was signed by the United States, China, and some 120 other countries. This signing satisfied a key requirement for the entry into force of the historic draft climate protection treaty adopted by consensus of the 195 nations present at the 2015 United Nations Climate Change Conference in Paris.
In 1969 at a UNESCO Conference in San Francisco, peace activist John McConnell proposed a day to honor the Earth and the concept of peace, to first be celebrated on March 21, 1970, the first day of spring in the northern hemisphere. This day of nature’s equipoise was later sanctioned in a proclamation written by McConnell and signed by Secretary General U Thant at the United Nations. A month later a separate Earth Day was founded by United States Senator Gaylord Nelson as an environmental teach-in first held on April 22, 1970. Nelson was later awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom award in recognition of his work. While this April 22 Earth Day was focused on the United States, an organization launched by Denis Hayes, who was the original national coordinator in 1970, took it international in 1990 and organized events in 141 nations.
Numerous communities celebrate Earth Week, an entire week of activities focused on the environmental issues that the world faces. In 2017, the March for Science occurs on Earth day (April 22, 2017) and is followed by the People’s Climate Mobilization (April 29, 2017).
into the Solar/Renewable Energy Age as quickly as possible. So please visit www.sunisthefuture.net and :
- Start A Community Solar Garden/Farm
- Encourage Our Florida State Legislators: Please Let The SunShine In The Sunshine State!
- Share the incentive programs for renewable energy & energy efficiency in all 50 states of USA
- If you’re not a Florida resident, then think of ways to encourage more effective solar/renewable energy policy for your state
- If you’re not a USA resident, then think of ways to encourage more effective solar/renewable energy policy for your community/county
- Follow Us at Sunisthefuture Photo Gallery
- Like & Follow Sun Is The Future at Pinterest
- Join Sunisthefuture Team at Kiva
- Subscribe sunisthefuture youtube channel
- Like Sunisthefuture at Facebook
There’s much we all need to do/act. Below, please allow me to share this video:
Any comments, suggestions, concerns regarding this post will be welcomed at info.WindermereSun@gmail.com
More about the community at www.WindermereSun.com
~Let’s Help One Another~
Please also get into the habit of checking at these sites below for more on solar energy topics: