Holiday Elf at USPS & Holiday Alternatives
Dear Friends & Neighbors,
(Please click on red links & note magenta)
I needed to pick up a registered package from Windermere USPS this afternoon. When I got there the line was long and our USPS Holiday Elves were huffing and puffing, trying their very best to take care of the amazing number of holiday boxes/packages people are bringing in. I actually witnessed some one bringing in twenty-five packages at one swoop. Thanks/no thanks to the unabomber, the 13-Ounce Mail Rule now requires any mail piece over 13 ounces that is mailed with postage stamps has to be presented in person to a USPS employee at the post office. What a waste of our Self-Service station!
To help avoid long wait at the USPS, here are some of my conversions:
- For my friends and family members who love to receive books as gifts for the holiday, I’ve started to give them e-books via amazon or kindle (saved me much mailing cost).
- Keep in mind that much may also be expressed in smaller packages. So, trying to stay within 13 ounces will save much time (then one may take advantage of the Self-Service Station) in addition to saving postage.
- Don’t forget that amazon.com has much much to offer and may deliver within 2 days and free of delivery charge if one is an amazon prime member. Did you know that Amazon Prime Members now outnumber Non-Prime Customers?
- In recent years, I’ve converted from a card giver to an e-card giver. So now my friends, relatives, and clients/colleagues are receiving musical animated e-cards from me during the holiday season.
- During our holiday family get-together’s, our family and extended families are developing the practice of Secret Santa because many of them are flying to Orlando for the holiday. There is an issue of “not having enough luggage space to transport dozens of gifts”. So we make a game of it by playing Secret Santa, such that every one gets to be a Secret Santa to another in the group by randomly drawing a name out of a hat. This is both amusing, fun, while saving much luggage space.
- Finally, if we simply maintain our holiday spirit throughout the year….continuing the spirit of giving and sharing throughout 365 days in the year….then we won’t need to wait until the end of the year to exhaust our USPS Elves. Wouldn’t that be delightful ?! 🙂
To find Windermere Post Offices and their contact information, retail hours, pickup services hours, lobby hours, PO Box access hours, just click HERE.
Did you know that our USPS has done much for the Sustainability of our planet? Stay tuned in on this topic in our next post.
More about the community at www.WindermereSun.com
~Let’s Help One Another~
nto the habit of checking at these sites below for more on solar energy topics: