Contest Supporting “Floridians For Solar Choice” Ballot Initiative
Dear Friends & Neighbors,
Recall our previous post on Let The SunShine In The Sunshine State-Floridians For Solar Choice. There is now a contest you might be interested in participating, below, to help support for the fruition of this Florida state ballot initiative. Even though Floridians For Solar Choice recently had a terrific victory with the state Supreme Court decision, there is still much work needing to be done, signatures needing to be collected. For the sake of providing Floridians with more options, I hope there are a lot of volunteers out there!
Are you ready for a challenge? Collect Solar Choice petitions and get Solar Choice swag!
Last month we celebrated a major victory as Florida’s Supreme Court approved our ballot language moving Solar Choice just one step away from the 2016 ballot. But the clock is ticking with less than 10 weeks left to collect hundreds of thousands of signed petitions…we can reach our goal with PEOPLE POWER.
If each dedicated volunteer gathered 50 petitions a week from now until the end of the year, we will collect all 400,000 needed petitions!
From November 1- December 14, we’ll be thanking our army of 800+ Solar Choice Volunteers with solar swag:
Here’s how you can join the 50 a Week Challenge:
- Sign up to volunteer if you haven’t already! Our quick sign up form takes only a minute and then we’ll send you petitions and other resources to get started.
- Collect petitions from your family, friends, colleagues, and community! For tips on petitioning, please check out the volunteer toolkit and training video.
- Do you need more petitions? Check to see if there is a Distribution Center near you!
- Very important: Fill in our volunteer petition report each time you send in petitions so we can record your submissions in our tracking spreadsheet. If you are dropping off your signed petitions at a distribution center, place your slip on the top and attach with a paper clip.
- Mail in your petitions weekly. Only petitions sent in from November 1 – December 14 will be a recorded as a part of this contest. The mailing address is: 120 E. Oakland Park Blvd, Suite 105, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334 (this address can also be found at the bottom of each petition)
Are You Ready for the 50 a Week Challenge? Here Comes the Sun!
Any comments, suggestions, concerns regarding this post will be welcomed at info.WindermereSun@gmail.com
More about the community at www.WindermereSun.com