More September Events
Dear Friends & Neighbors,
(Please click on red links & note magenta)
After I’ve posted the Luau By The Lake, multiple events’ notices came across my path:
- Just a quick reminder: There will be the Annual Mayor’s 9/11 Ceremony on Friday, September 11, 2015, at 7:00 P.M. for the 9/11 Memorial , at 520 Main Street, Windermere, FL 34786, as we honor those innocent people who lost their lives that day.
- You are all cordially invited to attend The Gift of Life’s Annual Black Tie Charity Gala Hosted by the Wyndham Orlando Resort and John Michael Events, on Saturday, September 12, 2015, from 5:00-11:00 pm (EDT), at 8001 International Dr., Orlando, FL. This event will benefit premature babies and their families. Dinner, entertainment, auction, cash bar, and babysitting services are available on site.
To RSVP, purchase your ticket(s) by September 1, 2015. For more ticket information, please click here. This event is hosted by Wyndham Orlando Resort and John Michael Events. Group rates are available. Corporate sponsors are welcomed.
- Another event that will occur on Saturday, September 12, 2015: Stephen Siller Tunnel To Towers 5K Run & Walk, at Cranes Roost Park, 274 Cranes Roost Blvd., Altamonte Springs, FL 32701, 7:30 am-2:00 pm (EDT).The mission of Stephen Siller Tunnel To Towers Foundation is to honor the sacrifice of firefighter Stephen Siller who laid down his life to save others on September 11, 2001. For more registration information, please click here.
- Groundbreaking Ceremony for a new West Orange area high school (West Orange Relief High School) will take place on Thurs., September 24, 2015, near 5505 Winter Garden Vineland Rd., Windermere, FL 34786, 4:00 pm-7:00 pm (EDT). It’s been 14 years since a new high school has opened in West Orange County. To RSVP, please click here. Any questions may be answered by Lauren Roth at 407-317-3700 ext. 2023774. Schedule: 4:00 pm-Groundbreaking Ceremony;5:00 pm-Reception at West Orange Country Club;6:00 pm-Community Meeting
- Black and White Fashion Charity Event will take place on Thursday, September 24, 2015, at The Golden Bear Club, Jack Nicklaus Parkway, Windermere, FL, starting at 6:30 pm. This event is a fundraiser for supporting Give Kids the World, and will be a fun fashion show, a chic evening with unique vendors, delightful acoustic music, live DJ, gourmet food, complimentary welcome drink and appetizer, and a raffle full of exquisite prizes. For tickets, please email Lilian Limon: email@example.com .
- 3rd Annual Pedal and Poker Event
will take place on Saturday, September 26, 2015, at The Hammered Lamb, 1235 N. Orange Ave., Orlando, FL 32804, from 12:00 pm-6:00 pm (EDT). It is a Bike, Walk, Jog, Run and/or Uber for Charity event. You do not need to know how to play poker to experience this event. Join the rest for a 4.3 mile ride across 4 great locations. At each stop you will get a poker card and at the end, the 5 best hands will win a fabulous prize. There will be prizes for Best Bike, Best Team Outfit, and a side raffle too. Tickets are only $15 in advance or $20 at the door. 20% of the ticket proceeds will benefit Pet Alliance of Greater Orlando. You can also make a separate donation online where 100% of those proceeds will go to the Charity as well at http://PedalandPoker.com. For more detailed information, please click here.
- Then there is the Magical Dining Month of September that started on August 24 and will last until the end of September 30, 2015. More than 70 Orlando area restaurants are participating this year. For a complete list of participating restaurants and their special menus visit this page Restaurants & Menus. All participating restaurants feature three-course, prix fixe dinners at the exceptional value of $33 per person (The three-course dinner includes the choice of an appetizer, entrée and dessert from the restaurant’s Magical Dining Month menu. Tax and gratuity are not included). One dollar from each meal sold will benefit ELEVATE Orlando. For more FAQ, please click here.
- Any one is welcomed to the Moon Festival (aka Mooncake Festival or Mid-Autumn Festival), free admission (but with priority seating for those who called ahead for reservation at 407-281-8482. Space is limited, so RSVP is highly recommended.), on Sunday, September 27, 2015 (equivalent to the August 15th of Lunar calendar) , from 5:30-8:00 pm, at Guang Ming Temple, 6555 Hoffner Ave., Orlando, FL 32822, 407-281-8482. The theme for this year’s celebration is TEA & MEDITATION (5:30-7:00 pm, noble silence is observed, so please be sure your smartphones are turned off). Moon cakes, fruits, and snacks are provided outdoor in the courtyard, between 7:00-8:00 pm, when friends and families gather to enjoy storytelling, bonfire, hugging, laughter, and moon watching. Remember to bring your own lounge chairs, blankets, or insect repellent. Please be respectful of the premise and help to maintain a clean and safe environment for all. More about the story behind Mid-Autumn Festival in our next post.
~Let’s Help One Another~
Gathered, written, photographed, and posted by Windermere Sun-Susan Sun Nunamaker
Any comments and suggestions are welcomed at info.WindermereSun@gmail.com
Please also get into the habit of checking at these sites below for more on solar energy topics: